Dakar 2011 Hummer 327

Dakar 2011 Hummer 327
The Hummer Steve will be navigating in

Monday, January 3, 2011

Tough start to stage two for Hummer team...

Hello All!

Just thought I would get you all up to speed with how the day is going...

This is how the day looks:




I don't know much about how Robby's hummer did throughout the day, but heard there were some hiccups during the stage for Hummer 303. He lost about 35 minutes last I heard. (My internet is very touchy, so looking up info has become trickier than it should be!)

Steve and Eliseo are sadly having worse luck on this stage. My friends at planetrobby.com have helped catch me up from the hours I missed while at work. Apparently Hummer 327 broke a wheel at the beginning of the day, costing them a lot of time to fix. I'm not sure what exactly went wrong, but they are about 3 hours and 54 minutes behind going through WP3. All of the issues happened before WP1, so hopefully throughout the rest of the day they will continue to make up time.

I can't always get tracking to work, it might be because my internet is not very strong, but check out www.dakar.com to track Steve. Click on "Live, Follow your Favorites" in the top right of the page, and then you can click on each WP to see Steve and Eliseo's time. At about 1115pst they are through WP3. Hope this all helps! Also, the live chat on planetrobby.com has a lot of dedicated fans keeping you updated, which has been very helpful for me!

It is probably going to be a late night for Steve, but if I get the chance to talk to him tonight (I will stay up until I hear from him!) I will post a blog. Check back later!

Thanks for all of your support!
Alison

1 comment:

  1. Had quite a few hours of "where's Steve?" today while using the dakar.com live tracker. Way to persevere and finish! Once they started to show up (almost four hours down!) on the waypoints it looked like they were cruising. Go Steve!

    Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete