Dakar 2011 Hummer 327

Dakar 2011 Hummer 327
The Hummer Steve will be navigating in

Friday, January 7, 2011

Stage 6!

Hello everyone!

Just a quick note, as I have not talked to Steve yet, and don't know if I will be able to tonight. Hummer 327 has been doing great today! It was supposed to be one of the toughest stages of the rally, and it has probably been their best! They started this morning in 46th position, and as of WP11 they are in 20th! There have not been many time drops, except for WP8, which rumor has it was due to mechanical issues, but that is not official. Tomorrow is the rest day for the rally. All of the members of the team really need this day, and hopefully it will actually be restful! They all need this day to recover from the past week. Today marks the one week point from when LaRoza's begin to arrive in Buenos Aires, and we are all very excited! Every other Dakar we have been able to be near Steve and give him a lot of support. It is just not the same from the other side of the world.

I am going to be in Paris this weekend, so this might be my last post until Monday, which I am really sad about! I really look forward to writing these every night. My sister, Stephanie, is going to try to keep up the blogs, but it might be difficult for her to do this because of her work schedule and the time difference. Just remember to keep an eye on all of the sites, and you should be kept fairly up to date for these next couple of days. If I hear from Steve tonight, I will post about how his day went, if not have a great weekend!

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment