Dakar 2011 Hummer 327

Dakar 2011 Hummer 327
The Hummer Steve will be navigating in

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2 Days To Go!!


Hello Everyone!

There was not too much to report about yesterday. I talked to Steve at about 930pm my time yesterday, which was 530 his time, which (if my calculations serve me correctly) was 1230pm in California, and he said he was working on the Hummers in the parking lot of their hotel. Naturally, I questioned this, because I’m pretty sure there is a whole team of mechanics getting paid to do that. He said I was right, and by working on the Hummers he meant he was hanging out with some of the team while others were actually working. It reminded me of how many hours he and Bret Leef spent working on his bike in the heat before the 2009 Dakar started. I bet he likes his current situation a little better! I am glad to hear that it seems like he wont have to worry about anything other than his job of navigating before the rally starts; that should relieve quite a bit of stress!  

I just got off the phone with Steve today, and he said he is really tired. Since he had to stay in Miami for an extra night and take a day flight, he has been all thrown off of his sleeping schedule. It doesn’t help that the norm in South America is to eat dinner very late; most times you’re not done until after midnight. Steve said that he is going to make sure to eat dinner early tonight so he can finally get a full night’s sleep and be ready for tomorrow when Robby and Eliseo arrive. He might be emailing pictures to me tonight so I will make sure to post them if he does, but he warned me that they might look the same as yesterday since they are pretty much doing the same thing.

Steve wanted to add that he greatly appreciates all of the support that you all are giving him! I have shared with him every time someone sends positive thoughts and wishes along. Thank you for all of the kind words!

Talk to you all soon!

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment